Wednesday

22 August 2012

Thing I made: Cheesecake
 
I love cheesecake. In case no one has yet noticed, I have a large sweet tooth. But I've always been hesitant to make it without occasion/someone to help me eat it, because otherwise I'll end up eating the whole thing and that can never end well. So I finally had a reason to make a cheesecake...
 
 
Cheesecake with fresh strawberries (happy birthday Joel!)
 
This was pretty experimental for me. I don't have a spring-form pan (one where the sides come off - ideal for cheesecake making), so I used a pie plate instead. It looks a little funny, but it tasted fine (ok, it tasted more than fine, if I do say so myself...)
 
It was also one of the easiest things I've made! I used the recipe here (though I had only bought two bricks of cream cheese, so I tried to adjust the recipe to 2/3 - actually probably perfect for a pie plate). It was basically mixing together the crust, and then throwing all the ingredients into a food processor for a few minutes before baking. Heaven.
 
The batter tasted like cream cheese icing (amazing) and the finished product was pretty yummy. The only thing I still don't understand is the finishing with the sour cream/sugar mixture...seems a little redundant and looks less than delicious - I would probably leave this out next time.
 
I may now have to invest in a spring-form pan...and find other uses for it too, of course! But I would definitely make this again (if someone wants to help me eat it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment