Tuesday

31 July 2012

Thing I made: Zucchini banana bread with chocolate chips and toasted walnuts


I think this is literally one of the best things I have ever baked!

I used the recipe found here, but I made a few adjustments and it has turned out wonderfully:
I halved, yes HALVED, the oil, egg, and sugar.
1. Instead of 2/3 cup of oil, I used just over 1/3
2. Instead of two eggs, I used one
3. Instead of 1 cup of sugar, I used 1/2 cup of brown sugar
4. I also used only a handful of mini chocolate chips - I like having the bits of chocolate in there, but I find chocolate chips can be very overpowering. I probably used between 1/8 and 1/4 cup of mini chips and I think that's plenty, though chocolate lovers out there might want to add the full 1/2 cup!

The result is still beautifully moist and delicious - I honestly can't imagine it being any more moist with the extra egg and oil, it's quite lovely as is. This could be easily adapted for use as a cake or cupcakes with a glaze or cream cheese icing - it is THAT good!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment